An Invitation to All CLSA Members
The Conference of Majors Superiors of Men (CMSM) would like to invite you to attend its 2015 Pre-Assembly Workshop: Processes of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in Cases of Grave Delicts. The workshop will be held on Wednesday, August 5, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm (immediately preceding the 2015 CMSM Assembly) at the Westin Charlotte Hotel in downtown Charlotte, North Carolina.
While such cases are, fortunately, not every-day occurrences, when they do arise they must be properly handled and processed according to canonical norms. Those who handle a case of grave delict must know what the law says, what information must be gathered, what to expect as an investigation proceeds, and how such cases are processed by the competent authority, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF).
This workshop invites you to learn from the experts: Msgr. John Kennedy is the assistant to the Bureau Chief in the Discipline Section of the CDF. Together with two other highly respected canonists, Sr. Sharon Euart, RSM and Fr. Paul Golden, CM, he will help us to know more about how the Church seeks to act with justice towards all parties, including the accused.
The workshop is intended not only for CMSM members (major superiors and their councilors), but also for canonists and other religious institute and diocesan staff persons who must deal with these serious cases. Those who serve religious institutes as victim assistance coordinators, members of review boards or supervisors of offenders, may also benefit from learning of the Church’s processes which seek justice. This workshop is open to laity, religious, and clergy alike. Please help us spread the word beyond our CMSM members.
To access the Workshop Brochure, please click here. For the Workshop Registration Form, click here; please type your information into the form, print that page, and mail the completed form to the CMSM office, together with a check for the $175 registration fee.
Please note the following:
- Mail your Workshop registration form, with a check for your registration fee (you may use one check to pay multiple registration fees), to the CMSM office. We will confirm your Workshop registration by e-mail; please ensure that your e-mail address is clear and legible on the registration form. The Workshop fee includes a non-refundable fee of $50. No refunds will be made for cancellations received after July 6, 2015.
- Workshop attendees will want to arrive in Charlotte on Tuesday, August 4. Liturgy on Wednesday will be celebrated at 7:00 am, and a continental breakfast will be available at 7:30 am; the Workshop will begin at 8:30 am.
- The $175 fee includes the Workshop, continental breakfast, a deli lunch, and morning and afternoon coffee breaks. The fee does NOT include your hotel accommodations.
- To make your hotel reservation at the Westin Charlotte Hotel, simply click here to be directed to our dedicated hotel reservation webpage. Click the “Book a Room” button, choose your arrival and departure dates, and then click the “Search” button. The CMSM Assembly room rate is $145, plus tax, per night, single or double occupancy.
- Hotel reservations must be made by Monday, July 13 in order to obtain the Assembly room rate: $145 per night (plus applicable taxes). Should you wish to make your reservation by telephoning the hotel (866-837-4148), be sure to ask for the CMSM National Assembly 2015 group rate.
- All hotel reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card. Should you later need to cancel your reservation, you must make your cancellation at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date to avoid being charged the equivalent of one night’s room (plus applicable taxes). Reservations can only be cancelled by calling the hotel directly and obtaining a cancellation number. No-shows will be charged accordingly.
- The Westin Charlotte Hotel is located in Uptown Charlotte, steps away from museums, restaurants, the expansive dining and entertainment options of the Epicenter, and adjacent to that unique Charlotte institution, the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Explore the Queen City with ease on the LYNX Light Rail, which makes a stop right at the hotel, putting you just minutes from all uptown Charlotte has to offer.
- The Westin Charlotte Hotel is 7 miles from the Charlotte International Airport (CLT). A major hub of US Airways, Charlotte International offers non-stop service to over 100 U.S. cities and 40 overseas destinations. Taxi service is available from the airport to the hotel, with a zone rate of $25.
Please contact me, or any member of the CMSM staff, with any questions. We look forward to seeing you in Charlotte!
John Steingraeber, CSsR