Dr. Marie Hilliard
- JCL, Catholic University of America, 2003
Current Ministerial Experience:
- The National Catholic Bioethics Center, Director of Bioethics and Public Policy.
- Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA, Committee to Protect Young Persons, Member & past Vice-Chair; Colonel, Ret., USA, 20 years’ service.
- National Catholic Partnership on Disability, Chair Ethics & Public Policy Committee.
- Holy Apostles College & Seminary, CT, Board of Directors and Faculty.
- University of Mary, Bismarck, Bioethics Advisory Committee.
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Office Pastoral Care for Persons with Disabilities, Parish Liaison.
- Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, of Rhodes and of Malta, Dame. Volunteer RN Lourdes 2011.
- Aquinas College, Nashville, Advisory Council for the Center for the Study of Human Dignity & Ethics in Health Care, & past member Aquinas College President’s Advisory Council.
- National Association of Catholic Nurses-U.S.A., Board Member & past Chair Ethics and Spirituality Committee.
- Sisters of Mercy of America, Lay Associate & nursing home volunteer.
Prior Ministerial Experience:
- USCCB National Advisory Council, Chairperson.
- USCCB & Presbyterian Church, USA, Irish Summer Institute (Re: Northern Ireland peace initiatives), Co-leader.
- CT Catholic Conference, Executive Director: Lobbyist for the four CT dioceses on Church-State relations.
- Franciscan Home and Hospice Care, CT, Ethics Committee.
- Archdiocese of Hartford Commission for Justice and Peace, Chair.
- Numerous publications on Bioethics: Catholic Press Association Award for Best Essay in a Scholarly Magazine, 2008, 2nd Place.
Service to the Society:
- Member 1998-current
- Chair, Committee on Laity, 2013-current.
- Roman Replies and CLSA Advisory Opinions, contributor, 2014.
- Member Eastern Region, 2009-current.